Equine GastroIntestinal Ulcer Syndrome (EGUS) – The Whole Story!
In this course students will view and complete a number of video lessons as well as PDFs that cover everything from understanding ulcers to the many different treatment options. Check out the course curriculum for a more detailed course outline!
Section I - Ulcers, The Tip of the Iceberg
- Chapter 1 – What Are Ulcers?
- Chapter 2 – Anatomy of the Equine Gastrointestinal Tract
- Chapter 3 – The prevalence of Ulcers
- Chapter 4 – Why we need to understand Ulcers
- Chapter 5 – All Ulcers cause the horse to have pain
- Chapter 6 – Behavioral Consequences of Ulcers
- Chapter 7 – Other Serious Consequences
- Chapter 8 – Signs and Symptoms of Ulcers in the Digestive Tract
Section II - Clinical Diagnosis of Equine GastroIntestinal Ulcers
Section III - Treatment of Equine GastroIntestinal Ulcers with Acupuncture
Section IV - Conventional and Naturopathic Approaches to Treatment